“The PFF internship wasn’t just great for our student intern — it was great for our company, too. We made sure our intern took on new tasks and responsibilities, and she did an excellent job handling each new job. She was a great addition to our office, and we were so proud to watch her gain confidence and experience.”
Valencia Hicks, director of business operations, Universal Adaptive Consulting Services, Inc.
Our holistic approach to preparing students for college and the workforce succeeds because of partners who are as serious about helping young people as we are. We count dozens of corporate, community and corporate partners in the PFF family — each united in a desire to provide students with lessons that will sustain them on their journeys ahead.
How Our Partners Help:
- Businesses provide PFF students paid job experiences for three consecutive summers.
- During the internship, each student is expected to have a workplace mentor and learning and developmental opportunities.
- Some companies also sponsor students to work at other locations, such as nonprofit organizations.
- Corporate partners contribute to the PFF scholarship fund that matches students’ savings and provides additional scholarship money to current PFF students and graduates.
- Volunteers provide one-on-one counseling through GUIDES (Gearing Up Individuals to Drive for Educational Success), helping PFF Seniors complete college, scholarship and financial aid applications.
- Educational partners expose our students to the range of higher education opportunities available, so they can make informed choices about which college to attend. They also assist students in navigating the college application process.