Getting ready for college can be a challenge. Here is some information to help you prepare for taking the SAT, research colleges, scholarships and financial aid, and much more.
2018-19 Testing Dates and Locations
- Test date is Aug 25. Register by Jul 27.
- Test date is Oct 6. Register by Sept 7.
- Test date is Nov 3. Register by Oct 5.
- Test date is Dec 1. Register by Nov 2.
- Test date is Mar 9. Register by Feb 8.
- Test date is May 4. Register by Apr 5.
- Test date is Jun 1. Register by May 3.
- For more information and to register, visit the College Board SAT site.
- Register with your high school counselor.
- Test date is either October 15 or 19, depending on your school.
- For more information, visit the College Board PSAT site.
- Test date is Sept 8. Register by Aug 12.
- Test date is Oct 27. Register by Sept 28.
- Test date is Dec 8. Register by Nov 2.
- Test date is Feb 9. Register by Jan 11.
- Test date is Apr 13. Register by Mar 8.
- Test date is Jun 8. Register by May 3.
- Test date is Jul 13. Register by Jun 14.
- For more information and to register, visit the ACT site.
- College Planning
General information about colleges and financial aid
- Virginia Mentor and the State Council of Higher Education for Virginia
Explore Virginia colleges
- Peterson’s Guide to Colleges
Search for colleges by state or major and get guidance on how to choose a college
- Khan Academy Free SAT Prep and Online Courses
Free online ACT and GRE test prep
- Essays that Worked
Samples of successful college entrance essays
- Varsity Tutors Learning Tools
Free online testing on High School Math & Science, AP Subjects, SAT, ACT, and More
- Federal Student Aid
Apply for federal student aid online
Comprehensive information on college financial aid opportunities
- First in the Family
Information for students who are the first in their families to go to college
- Considering Historically Black Colleges and Universities
An article from The Princeton Review
- The Occupational Outlook Handbook
Find out more about the training and education needed, earnings potential and much more for hundreds of different careers